There are many ways to get involved with the Ashland Ridge PTO.
- Attend our monthly meetings – We welcome and encourage your feedback throughout the meetings. During the school year, we meet the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Media Center. Childcare is provided in the Kindergarten pod.
- Join a committee– a list of committees and their descriptions can be found on our Boards and Committees Page under the “Who We Are” tab. To sign up, just email us at email@example.com.
- Volunteer** during “special events” such as book fairs, vision and hearing screenings, or school picture days. Choose the event that works well with your schedule. To find a list of upcoming events or to sign up, see our volunteer sign up page at http://signupschedule.com/signup.cgi?user=ashlandridgeptovolunteers
- Attend and participate in events and fundraisers – We have numerous events and fundraisers throughout the year…from the Jag Jog to our Fun Night and Restaurant Nights. Check out our calendar tab on this website, announcements on our facebook page, and the PTO emails for more details.
- Clip your Box Tops, Labels For Education and Tyson labels – turn them into your child’s teacher. Your child can submit all labels to their teacher or place them in the box just outside the office. The student that brings in the most box tops labels (complete and not expired) will receive a small gift card! Please put the labels in a ziplock bag or envelope and write your student’s and teacher’s name on the outside. More information can be found on the Earn Cash for AR Document.
- If you’re cleaning out your closet, kitchen cupboards etc., drop things off at Stuff Etc. (906 E. 1st Street). No need to make an appointment, just let them know it’s for Ashland Ridge! A percentage of the proceeds will go directly to the school.
- If you’re an Amazon shopper, go to smile.amazon.com and do a quick search to find Ashland Ridge PTO and then shop as normal!
- Stay Connected – Please follow us on Facebook (Ashland Ridge PTO), check this website, and sign up for our emails to stay up-to-date on all that is happening. To join our email list, just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note: in order to volunteer during school hours, you must have a background check on file at the school (these are good for 5 years) and you must fill out a volunteer form each year. These documents and instructions for completing them can be found at: http://www.ankenyschools.org/volunteer . When you visit the school for the first time, please be sure to bring your driver’s license with you when you check in at the office.
It takes many people working together to support the students and staff at Ashland Ridge. Anything you are able and willing to do is greatly appreciated. Thank you for willingness to get involved. Every little bit helps!